Schedule - Qualifying - Cancellation
All Swimmers & Teams Must be on Island for the
Visual Race Course Briefing on the afternoon of Thursday, 5th April. Also, the first reserve day of the swim is Friday 6th of April. All crews and swimmers should be on hand ready to race on Friday 6th if the race runs a day early.
Thursday, 5th April
3.4KM to the channel marker. Gives us practice for swim day.
Mandatory Visual inspection of the Course to Savaii
for Swim Captain / Representative and / or Swimmer
We leave on the midday ferry, returning on the 2pm ferry
Individual Briefings with your Team (Swim Capt,
Kayaker, Boat capt). You will be allocated a time.
Each team will take 20 mins.
Paid directly to Resort on the night
Friday, 6th April
Media Conference - Apia
You will be transferred to Apia for this
Today also is RESERVE DAY 1.
If conditions are looking better today than for the rest of the week
then we will call the Swim for Monday. That decision will
be made middle the day before.
Nothing else will be scheduled for the rest of the day
Saturday, 7th April
First Swim Start at 5am
We are again going with a scattered start
with a maximum 1.5hrs apart to the last swimmer/s
Start Swimmers' Schedule will
be determined by your 10km times
at AMOA Resort
To qualify for the Swim you must demonstrate that you can swim 10kms in under 4hrs. This is the absolute qualifying limit.
There are several 10km Swims around, you can qualify at any of these swims with your official result
10KM Swims in Australasia
Auckland, 16th December 2017 at Long Bay
Taupo Epic Swim, January 2018 http://www.epicswim.co.nz/
Melbourne, Bloody Big Swim, January 2018 http://www.thebloodybigswim.com/race-info/
Rottnest Swim, Solo Finisher, http://rottnestchannelswim.com.au/
Samoa, February, 2018
The Race Director and Event Management will make the call on this and swimmers will be fully informed of options.
We will attempt to swim in challenging but manageable conditions.
In the event of a full Cancellation of the event due to unforeseen weather conditions, a long course coastal swim will be the alternative.
There is no Refunds for the alternative course or Full cancellation of the swim due to unforeseen circumstances. In such situations, 60 p.c. of your Race Fee will be forwarded to the 2019 Apolima Strait Swim.